Speed Sensors and Virtual Power
A Quick Overview of RGT V-Power
- The V-Power feature allows users without a source of power such as a Power Meter or a Smart Trainer to connect to RGT and take a ride
- RGT Cycling takes the speed of your rear wheel and the resistance details of your trainer or rollers to estimate your power
- The power data provides a consistent data point that can be used to create appropriate training zones
- The power data provided is not considered accurate enough to participate in races. It is also open to abuse
What Do I Need?
- You will need an ANT+ enabled Speed Sensor
- You will need an ANT+ Dongle connected to your Screen device
- Because this is currently ANT+ only (at the moment) this is only supported for PC and Mac
How Do I Connect?
- Ensure your ANT+ Dongle is plugged into your PC or MAC
- Open the RGT Cycling App
- Toggle ANT+ to the on position
- Connect both your speed and cadence sensor to the app
- Done – You can now start a ride
Anything Else Important
As this is ANT+ only This feature is currently only supported for PC and Mac. Depending on the response from our users we will consider expanding this to Bluetooth support.
To ensure fairness in competition you cannot participate in races with Speed Sensors. Although they provide a great and consistent data point for training. They may over estimate the wattage you are producing.